View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
TWRA's Favorite Judge to Shop Dies of Heart Attack 
Site Admin

Post TWRA's Favorite Judge to Shop Dies of Heart Attack
Judge Bob Moon's death a great loss for the city

Area loses judge, outdoorsman, friend

By Richard Simms • Published Thursday, January 26th 2012

The outdoor community lost a great friend Thursday.

Hamilton County Sessions Court Judge Bob Moon passed away of an apparent heart attack at the age of 60.

Besides sitting on the judicial bench, Judge Moon was an avid and skilled outdoorsman. When he wasn’t on the bench, he was likely perched in a deer stand or plying the waters of the Gulf with good friends like Dr. James Eyssen.

A passionate man on the bench, he also wore his heart on his sleeve in life. Stricken by the impact on lives along the Gulf Coast following the BP oil spill disaster, he made a personal plea to the executive director of BP Oil, asking that they give to the children living along the Gulf.

An avid fishermen and hunter, Judge Moon was also a poet. One of his most famous pennings rode along with Captain Sig Hansen on the TV show “The Deadliest Catch.” The judge’s poem was featured on the show and was displayed in the wheelhouse of the Northwestern. (The poem is included below.)

Judge Moon told me, “I wrote the poem primarily for the Northwestern, but the first verse is for all captains and crews who make their living on the seas and oceans throughout the world. I very much appreciate what these brave men do, and I am very honored to be on board with them in the spirit of the prayer.”

Nearly every hunter has a story about a time when "a game warden just appeared out of nowhere." Most of the time those hunters are abiding by the law. When they are not, they get the chance to "tell it to the judge." And those days in "wildlife court" could be wild indeed, especially if Judge Moon was at the helm.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.nooga.com/153328/judge-bob-m ... -the-city/

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]