View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What Questions Or Points Do You Want TWRA To Answer? 
Site Admin

Post What Questions Or Points Do You Want TWRA To Answer?
Tonight is the meeting with TWRA at Cumberland Mountain State Park.

We need to know what questions or points are most important to you?

With a limited amount of time, obviously it is going to be hard to ask and answer everything so we want a collective of questions and points, and the most popular is where we will focus first, then move to the others as time allows.

It would be best to e-mail or call me with these issues so as not to give away to much to the TWRA that may be monitoring these forums.

todd@southeasternoutdoors.com

or call (931)303-5594 if I don't answer, leave a message with your question or point...

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:21 am

Post Re: What Questions Or Pints Do You Want TWRA To Answer?
I don't mind posting this point of interest, because it is printed in the new hunting guide. Check out page 46 in the book, and read the Wanton Waste paragraph under the General Regulations section. I think I just heard the pot call the kettle black! If we are commiting a Proclimation Violation by killing a hog now, I am going to be hollering "citizens arrest" to the TWRA for commiting their own Proclimation violation to the Wanton waste regulation.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I didn't see the text I got while we were in the meeting until I was on my way home. Someone asked me to mention that the TWRA has been trapping hogs in the Smokies for 100yrs, and it hasn't "started" working yet.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Page 86 in the new hunting guide is interesting aswell. The first sentence lists Landowners, Legislators, and the Farm Bureau as the guidence on the changes to the hog regulations.

At the meeting, and on the news, we heard from landowners the interest in having hound hunting to control their hog problems.

The new legislation on wild hog declassification says nothing about not hunting them, and the proposed bill by Rep. Bindle, and Senator Burks incourages hunting hogs to successfully erradicate the species.

The Farm Burea represenative addressed the TWRA and all others in the meeting, stating he recognized the use of hounds as an effecient method of controling the population.

now whatcha got?

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]