View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Free Meat 

Post Free Meat
I raised the question to TWRA officials " what about the meat?" At first, the reply was that due to hot weather, and a limited interest in the meat, the hogs killed by the state were left to waste. After expressing repeated interest in the meat, I have been placed on the "first to call list" ( If there really is one). I don't want to do anything to "go with the flow" of this new plan, but at the same time, I feed a family of six, and also recognize there are alot of people in my area that would really welcome some free pork. I am going to attempt to take in as many hogs as the TWRA is willing to call me to collect. I will process and package all the meat myself, and give it to anyone that asks. If there turns out to be a ton of it, I will get more aggressive about finding people who need the meat. I have never participated in a forum before, and I don't really want to hide behind a username. My name is David Williams, and I live in Vonore, TN.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Free Meat
Dave welcome to the site, thanks for registering....

Glad to hear they are taking the wasted meat issue seriously, that has been one of my pet peeves.

This is the first I have heard of a "call list" so I truly hope it works out. I currently have a couple hogs in the freezer, so I will let someone else have first crack at it unless someone else doesn't step forward.

If no one else steps forward, I would be willing, and more than happy, to (help) pickup and process the meat and see that it gets to someone who needs it.

It would be great if you let us know how this goes. If they actually call, and what they make available to you.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]