View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SO, WHAT LAW ARE WE BREAKING IF WE KILL HOGS ANYWAY? 

Post SO, WHAT LAW ARE WE BREAKING IF WE KILL HOGS ANYWAY?
This question was my main reason for attending the meeting, and I wasn't going to leave until it was answered. Under current law it is a Class B misdemeanor to hunt or kill any big game animal out of season. Now that a wild hog is removed from the big game catogory, this law will not apply. The wildlife commissioner said in a General Assembly sub comittee meeting, that hogs will be goverened under small game regulations. This isn't correct either, a hog isn't big or small game. It is a nusissence animal.

I directed this question to Steve Patrick of the TWRA in the meeting Friday, and this is his response: Though there is no state law prohibiting the taking of hogs, it is still a proclimation of the TWRA. It doesn't sound like much, but a Proclimation Violation is still breaking the law. He said the fine for a proclimation violatoin would be $25-$40. This being said, keep in mind that the fine for speeding is only$50 in most counties, but by the time you are billed court cost the total fine is around $200.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Post Re: SO, WHAT LAW ARE WE BREAKING IF WE KILL HOGS ANYWAY?
Its a shame we pay Steven Patrick aver 100 thousand dollars a year and he never gave a strait answer to any of the questions he was giving and also pretty much stated he was unwilling to work with the hunters what so ever so i say we as hunters find a way to get his ignorant ass fired and put someone in his place that can answer our questions can make smart decisions and is also willing to work with the people that pays his salary US THE HUNTERS

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Post Re: SO, WHAT LAW ARE WE BREAKING IF WE KILL HOGS ANYWAY?
Steve Patrick is a very poor representative for the TWRA. He seams to have no experience with hunting or fishing, and apparantly no knowledge of anything whatsoever accept how to get overpaid for a job he is not qualified for.

Chris Henderson
http://tellicobearandboar.webs.com/
http://www.outlawhounds.webs.com/

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]