View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
hog hunt in Catoosa Jan 2013 

Post hog hunt in Catoosa Jan 2013
In this months TWRC meeting in Nashville, the TWRA has recommended a hog hunt in Catoosa to the Wildlife Commission. The TWRA and TWRC will collect public input until May 17, when the dates are made perminate. This hunt is considered a hog control opportunity and not a big game hunt. Dogs will be allowed. I heard nothing about a hunter quota or drawing. The hunt will be open to anyone, and it is believed that the only liscense required will be a WMA permit. The proposed date for this control opportunity is Jan 7-16 of 2013. This is a giant step and I'm really pleased to see it. I can't help but to say that if this had been done last year, a whole lot of trouble would have been avoided. I suggest we make a good showing, and check out every hog that is taken. TWRA will be working check-in stations to monitor how many hogs are taken and to test for disease. There is also a hog control opportunity available for houndsmen suggested for Skinner MTN. The same methods would apply. I'm not familiar with this WMA, but I will be by Jan! The proposed dates for the skinner mountain hunt are to be Jan 18-20. Anyone is welcomed to call me with any questions. Further reports from TWRA meeting will be posted on the hunting politics section.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]